In case you missed it, last Friday I shared some past posts that can make a positive difference in honor of Earth Day. Since then, I’ve thought of even more ideas I want to share with you. My kids taught me to treat Earth Day as a holiday, but hopefully my example also teaches them a few things.
I consider myself a regular person who appreciates modern conveniences, so if I can make some of these changes, so can you!
- Re-usable water filter and water bottles. Not only am I helping save the planet by using re-usable bottles, I’m saving money too.
- Send re-usable containers in school lunches. If you aren’t ready to re-do the whole way you pack lunches, start with the drink. My girls get a thermos of water every day. They don’t need the flavored drinks! Also, they can refill their thermos and their teachers let them drink water from it during class and they can drink water on the way home from school when they are really thirsty.
- Enroll in online billing and opt to receive your statements via email as well.
- Recycle!! I have a recycling bin right next to my garbage can in my kitchen so it is just as easy to recycle as it is to throw away. Making it easier on yourself is a valuable step in making the recycling habit stick. (If you’re curious, I’m going to post a picture of my garbage can and recycling basket on Instagram and Facebook today.)
- Stop getting catalogs you don’t want. Go to catalogchoice.org and limit yourself to only the catalogs you love and really use.
- Don’t litter. Okay, this one may seem obvious, but it isn’t as obvious as you think! Whenever you leave a park, look around. Also, remove all of your trash from your grocery cart, because garbage left inside often becomes litter.
- Be sure you check out all the ideas from my post last week!
And it isn’t too late to join Allison’s challenge! My family will be out at our park tonight cleaning (and playing)!
Happy Earth Day!
Saving the planet is just a part of my day job,
Also, subscribe to this blog and never miss a thing! Enter your email in the box on the sidebar and new blog posts will arrive directly into your email inbox.
Join us on Facebook, where I share even more Organizing tips, thoughts, pictures, and inspiration.
Linking up with these parties.