In my mind, this recipe is called “Grandma Bobo’s Pizza Sauce”, but since that might not evoke the same sentiment of good eating in your minds, I’ll call it The BEST Pizza Sauce. I don’t want anyone mistaking it for anything else.
A good pizza sauce like this deserves to go on a good pizza. I want to show you how I do my mini-pizzas (that I freeze and dole out for school lunches), but first things first.
Let’s make some Pizza Sauce!!
- 6 oz. can Tomato Paste
- 1½ cans (using Tomato Paste can) of Water
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Basil
- ½ teaspoon Oregano
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Mix ingredients together and bring to a boil on the stovetop.
- Cover with a splatter guard screen, then simmer for an hour, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and spread on pizza crust or freeze.
- Makes enough for 2 large pizzas. Doubles and triples easily.
And if you are a visual person, here is a review of the process —
We make pizza once a week for “pizza night”! Everyone’s favorite dinner and we definitely prefer homemade!
Okay, so now I’m going to show you what I just made all of this particular batch of pizza sauce for … wait for it … (I’ll post a link here when I finish or just get it in your email.)
Happy Pizza Nights to you!
Subscribe to receive future posts right in your email (up on the sidebar) so you never miss a thing! And if you could, please like my Facebook page here, or get in on the organizing discussion in my Facebook Organizing Group here.